This weeks goals were a great motivation for me to try harder. I only had 3 simple goals to really focus on.
1. Run one double-digit long run. Thursday morning I woke up early and tackled 10 miles. I have a hard time doing more than 8 miles on the treadmill, but my plan of action worked great. That 10 mile run also helped me hit 30 miles for the week. My legs feel fresh, but my feet can feel the miles a bit. I’m grateful for today’s rest day.
2. Finish my book club book, Dare Dream, Do by Whitney Johnson. I’m more than half way through(made good progress), but failed in this department. I’m having a hard time getting into the book, but I will for sure have it done by Wednesday of this week=)
3. Eat more vegetables! Why is it when I make something a goal I have better success? I was definitely more aware of having vegetables with a lot of my meals this week. I captured a few of those because if you don’t have a picture it didn’t happen right? My main thing was to grab a handful of carrots to snack on at least once a day.
1. No TV until 2pm. I want to spend more time on the ground playing with J and less time watching cartoons with him. Definitely a double-edged sword. I love snuggling with him and just relaxing so I’ll just save that for evening time(or 2pm when he naps=)).
2. Do 2 workouts from Jillian Michael’s DVD. Lots to choose from.
3. More speed work. What I mean by that, is during my speed work(usually Monday’s workout) I want to do at least 5×800’s. I did 4 last time and it was hard! So, I’d like to do 5 or 6 tomorrow.
What are your goals this week?
Do you use workout videos?
How many repeats do you usually do on a speed workout?