Thursday-5 miles, 9:29 pace
Turns out J has croup, which just means a really bad cold/cough for the little guy. It takes up to 7 days to run it’s course, and it’s highly contagious. Luckily he got a steroid shot that will allow his throat and to open up so he can breath and not cough so terribly. Thanks for all the sweet well wishes=)
1. It’s not surprise the top of my list today is modern medicine. So grateful my little guy can be somewhat comfortable and fever less.
2. I’m thankful for the beautiful state I live in. It may be cold, but the snow sure is pretty. The inversion is finally gone too! I’m hoping to do a run outside on Saturday, we’ll see.
3. I’m thankful for those really ‘good’ runs. Sometimes the stars align and everything just feels great. On Monday, I ran my fastest 6 miles and I didn’t feel like I was completely dying.
4. I’m thankful for chocolate M&M’s that help the both of us get through grocery shopping.
5. I’m thankful that I get to be home and experience J’s life with him. I get to be there through the ups and downs. On the way home from the Dr.(the hubs drove us=)) J held my arm tight the whole way. Little moments that he lets me know I matter=)
What are you thankful for?
Do you bribe yourself or your kids when your grocery shopping? My mom would always let us pick out a prize if we were good at the store!
Have you had any really ‘good’ runs lately?