Cancelled

Last night we went to In N’ Out for dinner. I tried the veggie burger, ever tried it?? I like it a lot! Don’t knock it till you try it. . .

I have all my race things set out. J’s bag of tricks and blanket, and my layers of warm clothes.

I set an alarm on my Saturday morning. My usual alarm clock is this little guy…

who me?

who me?

As I was changing into my race day clothes I looked outside. Really?

I was about to go make my breakfast when my husband told me the race was cancelled!!

Later I got an email saying that the race will be cancelled for the year and I’ll receive a refund. I’m really bummed. This weekend worked perfect in my schedule, but I guess I gotta just roll with the punches.

Ever had a race be canceled?

What’s your weather like today? Does it look like spring where you are?

Would any UT bloggers/runners be interested in getting together?

This entry was posted in Races and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Cancelled

1. Whitney says:

Lame, that it wasn’t just postponed. But are you glad you don’t have to run in the snow?

Aw that sucks! It is dreary and raining here in Tennesee ):

3. olivetorun says:

Wow, boooo! Sorry your race was cancelled!!

4. That is the WORST! My race this morning was so close to being canceled (crazy thunderstorms with tons of lightning) but it ended up just being delayed an hour and it was quite the adventure running in the rain.

5. pickyrunner says:

I’ve never had a race cancelled on me. That stinks! I’m sorry that happened to you! It’s no fun working yourself up and then being let down. You can use that money for another race!

Our half was rescheduled to a new location and date that we couldn’t make so we got a full refund. I was def disappointed but the refund helped. I am looking for a new race now to fill the void. It’s raining here. Not very springy :/

7. Bummer! Hopefully there will be some good ones in the future 🙂

8. kennygump says:

bummer. darn snow. is there another coming up that can take it’s place?

9. Bums that your race was canceled!! So fun that you are organizing a group of runners!

10. #runnerbummer ? haha. but seriously, that stinks!! I haven’t had a race cancelled on me yet, but I’m glad you’ll get your money back!!! Do you have other races already planned for this spring/summer? I have no idea how warm it gets in UT over the summer, but in Minnesota prime running season is May (at least to me) and then again in September/October.

• I’m looking into a couple more races. I have one at the end of April I think I’m going to put my refund towards. UT summers get pretty hot and dry, so I love the same time of year as you. I still race in June/July, but I love to get in more in the better months=)

Um….yes. Last November, what was to be basically the biggest race of my life. The NYC marathon was cancelled the day before because of the damage from hurricane Sandy. Took me a while to get over that disappointment, but….come this November I will be headed back to finally run it!!

12. That is SUCH a bummer! But thankfully, they’re giving you a refund! I see a lot of race signups that say there will be no refunds, even if they cancel the race! I’m sorry the SNOW (ugh) ruined your plans! Hopefully another race will come along that works for you! It’s sunny and warm here in FL…definitely Spring!