Workout + Goals

Friday- 6 miles, 8:30 pace treadmill

Saturday- 5 miles, 8:35 pace outside

I’ve said it before, but working out in WA State is my favorite. Both of these runs were ‘easy’ for me. Back in UT that pace is usually a little uncomfortable(on the treadmill especially) and Friday’s run was really comfortable. I could have pushed it a lot more. One day these will be easy for me in UT. . . one day.

photo-2

I grew up in the same house my entire life. It’s always  fun to run around and see all the houses I spent a lot of time at during my youth. I love running my old route and thinking about the things I used to think about over and over as a dramatic teen;) Seriously though, those roads allowed me to process a lot of things and helped me get to where I am today.  It’s great to run and see where I am now with my little family, and how everything works out when you trust in God.

photo-1photo

Goals 3/7-13

1. Speed session with a pace below 8min mile

2. 2 days of cross training+ strength training

3. Plan healthy meals and snacks (now that the Easter candy is almost gone, I need to get back on the healthy train=))

What are your goals this week?

Do you have a harder/easier time running in different places?

Any healthy snacks your loving right now?

This entry was posted in Goals and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Workout + Goals

1. Ashley @ OurPersonalRecords says:

Those look like great goals for the week! I finally finished my Easter candy, which is good because I couldn’t stop eating it! I can imagine that running in UT would be difficult because of the elevation!

2. jeksca says:

I love running when I’m on vacation. I don’t run as often but I like getting out there a day or two and exploring. Even in your hometown, it looks different running through it than it ever did walking or driving.

3. Running on vacation is the best way to get to know the area, I always feel so much more relaxed on those runs

4. Great goals and speedy runs! My goals this wk – do more yoga and some strength work!

I have been eating the kids zone bars (yellow cupcake flavor) lately and they are SOO good! You def need to try them!

I def need to slow down on the sweets too. I also need to catch up on sleep this week!

I am really looking forward to going back east and having some easy runs after training in high altitude…can’t wait! It looks so pretty in the picture behind you- very grreen 🙂

8. I love going home and running where I used to run in high school. Amazing how it takes you back to all those teen angsty thoughts!

Jealous x 1 million of your WA runs! Go girl! I run in Atlanta and I feel like I can run anywhere after all the hilly routes I do! 🙂 Healthy wise – hard boiled eggs. Odd kick to be on, huh?