Friday- 6.7 miles total, let’s break it down
2.7 miles with my new running group. We did a run/walk interval with the sunrise=)
When I got home I did 4 miles on the treadmill + shoulder workout. J wanted to work his abs so he’s doing some Russian twists.
My goal and intention with starting a running blog was to first, inspire people to run and be active to improve or maintian their health. The second goal was to connect with other bloggers and learn from all of you.
This last couple of weeks I have been running low on motivation to get up and put in the miles. Although I don’t mind having a couple of lower mileage weeks, I don’t want to get stuck in a rut. When I don’t feel like running, or doing much of anything for that matter, I try and remember these simple things.
1. I am so blessed to be able to move, so I’d better show my appreciation by moving.
2. I add new music to my playlist that get me excited to run. My favorite song lately, you can thank me later.(sorry for the inappropriate cover, I didn’t choose it, Pitbull did…)
3. I tell myself, “If I just do 2-3 miles that’s fine, just walk or run for 30 min.” I usually end up doing more once I’ve warmed up, or I do weights after. 3 mi + weights is a great workout!
4. I love how I feel the rest of the day after I workout. I often choose healthier options after working out, so it sets me up for a ‘good’ (healthy) day.
5. I love knowing that I did something for myself and the rest of the day I can do things for others.
What motivates you to run or move?
What’s your favorite song right now?