Fun Friday Facts

Thursday-rest from running, but I chased 3 kids all day and cleaned house, so I’m going to count that=)

Fun Friday Facts

1. I hate most green candy. The green Jolly Ranchers are horrible and make me cough, the green Laffy Taffy is almost as bad as the Banana, and green fruit snacks are no different. I was so excited when I opened up my fruit snack pack to find absolutely no greens, it made my day=)

2. When I take J on walks( no he’s not a dog, he’s my son) he loves to collect rocks. By the end of the walk I have 2 handfuls of rocks he’s given me to hold and he usually has his little fist full of his precious gems too. He wants to bring them inside and play with them, but we’ve started putting them in a bucket in the garage. He seems to be happy with that.

notice the rocks in his left hand=)

notice the rocks in his left hand=)

3. I made these Reese’s cupcakes the other night. They were delicious and I’m not a cupcake fan. They were a tad bit dry…any suggestions on making them more moist?

Instagram: Sharsti

Who’s racing the SLC marathon tomorrow?

Anyone else hate green candies? What kind of candy don’t you like?

This entry was posted in Friday Facts. Bookmark the permalink.

38 Responses to Fun Friday Facts

1. Reese’s cupcakes?! They look as delicious as they sound! I like green candies better than orange or yellow ones. In a bag of sour patch, I always go for the red first, then green. I wonder if there’s anyone in the world who goes for the orange or yellow candies first?

2. I have to agree, I can’t think of a green candy i am fond of

3. Ashley @ OurPersonalRecords says:

Those cupcakes looks delicious! I’m no baking expert but maybe add an extra egg? That’s usually what I do when my gluten free baked good are too crumbly. I love the yellow and green candies, unless it’s skittles, then purple are my favorite. I agree about the jolly ranchers, but that’s because it’s sour apple. It’s only the lime and lemon that I like.

4. pickyrunner says:

Red candy ALL THE WAY. Swedish fish? Sign me up!

I hate green candy too but i gotta say banana laffy taffy is my fave! πŸ™‚ have a great weekend

What?! Not a cupcake fan?! Those look great. I usually under cook my cupcakes a little bit to keep them moist. I’ve heard adding pudding helps too!

Try adding another egg! And I hate orange and yellow candies..but always love red or pink!

8. I’m not a really big fan of anything gummy. That’s a recent aversion that I’ve developed… I’m not sure why, but I know I all of a sudden do not like the texture or the fact that it sticks to my teeth. Ugh, horrible!

9. Those little cupcakes are so cute!

It sounds gross, but my mom used to add mayo to her chocolate cakes and they were SO moist and amazing!

10. The cupcakes look great! I haven’t met a sweet treat that I didn’t like πŸ™‚ Well, yes I have…black licorice…haha

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

11. livliveslife says:

My mom kept so many of the rocks my brother and I used to “give” her. And I still have one from about five years ago from the little boy I babysit. It’s so cute how kids do that…I’d love to know what they see in such an ordinary thing.
    I don’t mind green candy – the worst is the banana Laffy Taffy, like you mentioned.

I’m kind of opposite with the candy- love the green and banana laffy taffy….and now I want some laffy taffy. haha
    Have a great weekend!

13. The cupcakes look delish! Maybe try adding more oil or applesauce to make them more moist.

14. Emmalee says:

Green airheads: watermelon flavored= delicious
    Green blowpops: also watermelon = delicious
    Carmel Apple suckers (green) = delicious

…….beyond that I’m pretty much with you. Although usually I like the yellow the least. NOT that I eat that much candy…. πŸ™‚

15. I LOVE green Jolly Ranchers πŸ™‚ I am mostly a chocolate girl though so candy doesn’t always appeal to me!

16. Hayley says:

Reeses cupcakes sound AMAZING. I want one now! They don’t look dry to me πŸ™‚ But I am a lover of all cupcakes. I’m also not a fan of most green candy except for caramel apple lollipops!

17. I only wish I hated candy! πŸ™‚ I love it all… well, most of it. Not a fan of licorice. I prefer the sugary stuff over chocolate. Is that weird? I will answer for myself: yes, that is so weird!