Inspiration

Inspiration

I can’t help but share my neighbor Kelli’s story. When I moved to our current house about 2 years ago Kelli was the first neighbor/friend I met. Her and her adorable family brought some yummy treats to welcome us into the neighborhood. I was pregnant with J at the time and when I would go out walking we would often chat while she was doing yard work. She always talked to me about running and she made me really excited to start running once my pregnancy was over.

When I have running questions, I always talk to her first. That 15 miler I ran awhile back? Yup, inspired by her. She told me I could run a marathon and I believed her. She inspires me to do things I didn’t know I could do. (I will run one someday, but prob not this summer). She’s a mom of 4 great kids, a wife to her sweet husband Mike(who kept me company when we ran this half while Kelli ran the full).

She qualified for Boston and I was so pumped for her. She was obviously really excited too. She took her family with her and traveled from UT to Boston. She finished 10 min before the bombs went off and was still trying to find her family when they went off. She was actually on the phone with her husband when they heard the explosion and she saw the smoke. Luckily, they were safe and had a flight home soon after.

Kelli at the finish of Boston

Kelli at the finish of Boston

Last Saturday(5 days after Boston) Kelli decided to sign up for the Salt Lake City Marathon with some other Boston runners. She ran 2 marathons in 1 week!!! All the runners signed this banner and they’re sending it to Boston to know they have support. Kelli’s group also wore their Boston race shirts.

Kelli is in the white hat 5th from the left

I just thought what they did was so incredible and had to share. I’m loving all these inspirational stories=)

What inspires you to run today?

21 Responses to Inspiration

1. Ashley @ OurPersonalRecords says:

That’s awesome! That’s a lot of running in one week!! I think all the stories I read about other runners (mainly bloggers) inspire me to run. Everyone has different reasons, and different challenges that have brought them to running, and that is probably my favorite part of blogging.

2. kennygump says:

wow 2 marathons in a week!?! that is inspiring. what a great neighbor you have:)

3. Awesome! Thanks for sharing her story 🙂 Glad she is safe.

So…are you going to run a full soon? I know you would totally dominate that distance!!

• Awe, you’re so nice, I hope to dominate 26.2 someday. We’re doing a lot of traveling this summer, and when I run a full I want to really dedicate my running to a training plan. So I’m thinking next summer may be better for me to fully dedicate to training.

Love this, glad she’s okay! My boobs finally shrinking in size is inspiring me to run haha!

5. It’s been so inspiring to read all of the incredible things the running community has done in the last week to show support for Boston. I ran an 11-mile trail race on Saturday, and a woman who finished Boston four minutes before the explosions was out there with us.

6. Kelli Davey says:

Thanks Sharsti! I was unsure of running a second marathon again but I was inspired by all the great people in Boston and how they stood so strong through everything that happened. It was also very therapeutic to run for hours in the pouring rain with others that had been in Boston and share our stories. I really do believe we are all stronger than we’ll ever know.

7. Sarah says:

Hi Sharsti! (Never heard that name, but love it!) Just hopped over to your blog and found this inspiring. TWO marathons in one week? She is a rockstar! I run as well… anywhere from 3-4 miles most days of the week. PS – How old is Jackson? My Drew is 2 and looks just maybe a bit older? He’s a DOLL! Anyway, can’t wait to look around your blog a bit more. New follower and I hope you’ll stop by and follow back!

8. amrtt says:

I love how the whole running community has come together in this aftermath. I have to say my daughter inspires me to run. Even know she’s only nine months, I want her to grow up knowing her mom is a super mom 😉
    Emma @ a mom runs this town . com

9. olivetorun says:

I run for those who can’t and I run because today I CAN. I have a sweatshirt that I wear that says “I run because today, I CAN” on it and it’s one of my favorites.

10. Holy mackerel! Two marathons in a week? SUPER WOMAN! SO awesome. I run because I can..and run for those who cannot, and I run because I want to build a better me and my runs are just one step in that daily process.

11. Pingback: Running Limbo |