Thankfuls

Wednesday- 5 miles, 9:35 pace + 15 min ab workout+ 10 min arm workout

I planned on running outside, but when I peaked out the window this is what I found. Really? May 1st and it’s snowing?? Only in UT. . .

I didn’t put my big girls panties on and brave the snow, I stayed warm and ran on the treadmill. Surprise, surprise. I ran the first 3 with a towel over the treadmill so I couldn’t see my pace or distance. I wanted to run on feel, so I listened to music and stopped after 6 songs.

Then I did a 15 min. ab workout from the Nike Training Club app, hopped back on the treadmill ran 2 more miles with music and the treadmill covered for a total of 5 miles.

ab work

Proof I actually did ab work

I ended the workout with a couple good arm workouts, one being push-ups with weights. J started copying me, he surprises me with what he catches on to.

Thankfuls

1. I’m thankful for running.Β  The last couple of months running has saved me. It’s seriously the one thing that keeps me sane and helps me to sort out life problems. I love thinking of all I’m grateful for on my runs and feeling close to my Heavenly Father.

2. I’m thankful for the sunny days we did have the last week. It was crappy to see snow, but I got some sunshine in the last couple of days to last me a little while;)

photo(440)What are you thankful for today?

Anyone else get snow yesterday?

3. I’m thankful that we have family around. I love all the extra cousin days we’ve had. J loves to play with them and he always get’s excited. I’m lucky to have close family, in-laws, and friends. They support me and always know how to make me smile.

This entry was posted in Thankful Thursday and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to Thankfuls

1. A Popsicle on a sunny day is pretty much kid heaven, hope J enjoyed πŸ™‚ I’m thankful that it’s sunny today and also Thursday, getting close to another weekend with family and friends!

2. pickyrunner says:

Love all of your thankfuls. I’m thankful for running too. Sometimes not enough. It has had the biggest impact on my life. Oh, and this weather. Yes, definitely thankful for some springtime πŸ™‚

You know, I just learned about covering the treadmill with a towel. That’s so smart because I hate watching the mileage tick by (something I don’t experience outside, of course). Good idea!
    SNOW?!? Really?!?!?!? Um, that’s bizarre. It’s freakin May! Mother Nature, please pull it together! Look at J being a cutie! Nice job doing an ab workout! Today I’m thankful for my friends. πŸ™‚

4. Ashley @ OurPersonalRecords says:

Day one of abs – DONE! I did the 8 minute abs video and then did some on my own for a couple minutes. I think I need to get this Nike app, though. So much to be thankful for!

5. I am thankful for good friends and an amazing family! I am thankful that I woke up and have the ability to workout if I choose, or not workout if I choose not to!

6. rebacox says:

I can’t believe that its still snowing across the country. It boggles my mind! So glad that you went out for a run anyways… I’m sure you are too.

7. Love the thankfuls! Running is my time with God too!!

I’m thankful for running and nice weather! It’s getting warm but I’m enjoying the heated runs for now πŸ™‚ you have such a great workout buddy!

9. popsicle season is the best season!!!

I am definitely thankful for running too- it totally keeps me sane as well.
    The sun is back out in CO, so hopefully it is there too and all this snow will melt…I was really enjoying our warm days last week too πŸ™‚

I wish we had snow here! I would take snow over warm any day! And I am thankful I get to stay home with Levi- because I could not handle having to leave him everyday!

12. Snow! I’m getting so spoiled being down here in Florida lol I’m grateful for the gray weather today though, because it reminds me of back home (Pittsburgh) πŸ™‚ Sounds like you got a good solid workout!

13. ribbonrunner says:

Hello fellow Utahn! I found your blog through another one. You are darling!! Nice job on your recent half. That one looks way fun! I’ll have to do it next year. So are you living in Provo? I’m in Ogden:)

14. Pingback: Goals in Review and a beautiful night |