Tuesday- 5 miles, 45 min, interval training
I took all of your sweet advice yesterday from the comments and did an awesome interval workout. I got up to a 7.6 mph and was actually feeling pretty good. That 45 min accounts for the first warm up mile, so the average 4 mile run was a little under a 9 min mile. Thanks for all the encouragement, and I look forward to doing more speed workouts that are going to push me.
PRO Compression Giveaway!
I received a pair of purple Marathon compression socks in the mail about 2.5 weeks ago and I’ve been testing them out ever since.
Here are my thoughts on the socks:
- They are super cute(I love purple and they come in all sorts of colors)
- I felt a difference during my half marathon. No really, my legs didn’t feel as tired as they normally do. Mentally, the race was difficult, but legs felt fresh. I even walked around the Tulip Festival for a couple hours feeling fine.
- The next day after the half marathon I wore them while I took a rest day. I just wore them under my jeans. It felt weird at first because I don’t really like tight things(and they are tight!) around my legs or wrists, like gloves(I know weird).
- When Monday rolled around I felt ready to run. I always do a shake out run the Monday after a race, but I felt more ready to go and not so achy after using the socks.
- By Tuesday I felt 100%. It usually takes me till about Wed or Thurs and I definitely credit the fast recovery to the socks.
- I continue to wear them during speed workouts and the day after a hard workout. I’m really liking them!
- I got a size S/M and they are pretty tight. They’re supposed to be tight, but not uncomfortably so. I don’t have giant calves, so S/M are perfect for my size 7 feet.
- Handling tips: I hang dry the socks so that they don’t lose their compression or get any smaller.
If you want to learn more about the company, see more colors, or find out more on how the compression socks work, visit PRO Compression here.
Here’s the awesome part, PRO Compression is giving away 1 pair of Marathon Socks to 1 lucky reader. . .
Tell me(in the comments) what you do to help aid in recovery after a tough run.
Additional Entries(please say you did so in a separate comment for each)
Like PRO Compression on Facebook here
Follow The Blonde Hair Blue Eyed Runner by clicking ‘Follow’ in the top left corner
A winner will be chosen Monday 5/13/13, Good luck!!