Testing my limits

Thursday-5 miles on treadmill, 9 min pace

I really wanted to test myself yesterday during my run. I get stuck in a rut on my treadmill and just get used to pressing the 6.2mph and running x amount of miles. So, I ran a warmup at 6.2 and then I told myself the rest of the run has to be under a 9 min mile. I did the next mile at 8:57, then 8:44 for the next 2 miles, and the last mile at an 8:34. It actually felt really comfortable. Running fast on the treadmill is hard for me, so I was really pleased with my run. I hope to have my average pace under a 9 min mile on the tready soon!

Last weekend I scored these Nike shorts for only $10! My only disappointment was not buying 30 pairs of them. I love how light weight they are, the cute band when you fold them down, and that they don’t give you a diaper bum like the Nike tempo shorts. Score!

Top: Old Navy Bra: Target Shorts: Nike Socks: Costco

Top: Old Navy Bra: Target Shorts: Nike Socks: Costco

Last year my SIL and I bought the Pass of all Passes available in UT. It’s a really cheap pass that gets you games to college soccer games, bowling, water parks, and several other venues. We basically lived at the water parkΒ  last year.

SAM_1173 SAM_1189

I’m excited to say that the water parks are finally open in UT! We headed there early yesterday morning and it was perfect Spring weather.

all ready with his swim diaper=)

all ready with his swim diaper=)

Now these boys are running circles around us!

Now these boys are running circles around us!

After we headed home and J got a nap, we had dinner with the hubs and watched the movie, “Here Comes the Boom.” ha it was a funny movie.

Where was the last place you ate out? What’s your favorite kind of place to eat?

Do you like water parks, did you go to any when you were younger?

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Testing my limits

1. OMG! That hat melts my heart! Too adorable.

Love love those shorts! My last place to eat out was On the Border and it was delicious. It’s one of my faves.

2. Caitlyn says:

love the shorts!! what a great deal. i love zumba too. i need to start going again.

3. Amy says:

Love your shorts! I have a pair of Nike shorts that I adore! Water parks with kids = so much fun!

The last place I ate out at was a sushi restaurant..YUM. And love those shorts they are soo cute!!

5. I’m with you on learning to dance. How is it that everyone else looks so coordinated during those classes, and I’m trying my hardest not to trip over my own feet? I’m not a huge fan of swimming, so I don’t really like water park. I like pools if I can float in them all day.

6. I find it so much easier to push my pace on the treadmill which is why I will use it for that reason during training.

7. Water parks always look like so much fun, but I am way too squeamish for them! Plus, I feel weird walking around in a bathing suit.

I wouldn’t feel weird in those adorable shorts, though! What an awesome deal!

I do like those shorts a lot!! Cute! I must agree with you about the tempos, but what can you do! Ha! I still love em! Good work on the treadmill. I don’t know how you can do it! πŸ™‚ I love your little workout area, too. Hurrah for the water parks opening up!! I’ve never really been a fan of them. They gross me out. The major one in ATL has been shut down several time for E. coli, so um, pass.

• Thanks!

I love my workout area too, seriously, I’m not sure any other kid would love to play in his pack n play like J does. He’s almost 2 and still gets excited. I guess it has to do with all the yummy treats I give him and the endless amount of Dora I let him watch.
      Luckily this water park is kept pretty clean. there’s another one we can go to on the pass, but it isn’t kept as nice so I def prefer the cleaner one ha

9. Nice job on pushing the run! I get really terribly bored on the treadmill with my a.d.d. so running fast on it helps πŸ™‚ I love the shorts…need some new ones! Maybe I will get some this weekend πŸ™‚

Way to push it on the run!
    The last place I ate out at was The Ale House in my neighborhood on Monday. I think my favorite places to eat are actually breweries…good food + craft beer = happiness πŸ™‚

11. Oh fun!! I LOVE the water…I can’t wait to get my little one’s pool out and get him back in it since he just loved it last year. And great job running!!

12. I loved water parks as a kid, but I haven’t been to one in so long!

The last place I ate at was Chilosos, where I had a delicious chicken taco salad!

Great job on your treadmill run!

13. jeksca says:

I am a nanny. I am so excited to start using the pool pass with the little man I nanny for. I love summer!

14. Your shorts are cute! I have diaper-bum most of the time in my running shorts!
    Looks like the kiddos had a GREAT time at the water park! That pass sounds like it’s well-worth whatever price they’re charging.