Baby Blessings and Goals

Yesterday was such a fun day. I got to be at 2 baby blessings and be around so much family.

First, my SIL blessed her baby boy in the morning and then we had a lunch at the beautiful Gardens that her in laws own.

SAM_2676

running around with aunty Leeshy

running around with aunty Leeshy

SAM_2675

feeding the fish

feeding the fish

Then we headed up North for my sister to bless her baby boy. And of course, more food followed.

unpictured: 2 additional dessert plates

unpictured: 2 additional dessert plates

playing with cousins on the hammock

playing with cousins on the hammock

SAM_2686                                                             J was less than thrilled

he was mad at me and wanted to throw a ball in my face

he was mad at me and wanted to throw a ball in my face

Last Week Goals

1. Get a tempo run in-I feel like I worked on speed all week. Saturday was a short run but my first in awhile that was below a 9 min mile while on the treadmill. I also ran a speedy(for me) 10k on Memorial Day.

2. Work on front yard. Nope, did not even touch it. =(

3. Remember to take my water with me on runs. I used it during my 10k race, which I’ve never done. My other runs weren’t necessary to have water with me, so I’ll count that as success.

at the finish

Can you see my grey and pink hydration belt?

Goals June 3-9

1. Do the front yard work

2. Work on upper body strength-get sore

3. Finish book I’m currently reading

4. Keep mileage up around 3o miles

What good eats did you have this weekend?

Anyone have a hammock? I really want one!

This entry was posted in Goals and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Baby Blessings and Goals

1. Hammock’s are the best! We used to have one at the cottage, but then the tree it was supported by became too weak… too many s’mores, maybe?? 😉 I must find a new place for it this summer!!

2. freudenberg4 says:

Just a great sounding weekend! I love baby blessings they are so special! I had some really good turkey burgers this weekend and some really yummy peaches! Summer is here!!

3. I had a delicious panini this weekend that had pepper jack cheese, jalapenos, avocado, and red pepper aioli. Yum! I really want a hammock in my back room. I have a lot of space back there and there’s a huge window with lots of light, so I’d love to put one back there!

Haha I love the “he was mad and wanted to throw a ball in my face”
    I didn’t eat anything to exciting but did make the best banana bread I’ve ever eaten!!

5. You are doing great speedy! Keep up the good work! I always have my handheld H20 with me esp in the hot summer months!

6. I love the upper body work! I’ve never been on a hammock, but they look like the definition of relaxing!

7. I had some phenomenal cupcake batter froyo for my birthday with sprinkles and it was AMAZING!! Looks like you all had a great weekend 🙂

Your hair looks exquisite in that picture of you and J! I love your long blonde beautiful hair! SO much!! You are a really fast runner, the 10K being fast is not just fast for you, it’s FAST lady! The places you went for the blessings look beautiful and that weather, yes!! 🙂 Awesome. I think I ate out for every meal this weekend (whoops, try not to let that happen too much, oh well!) and my favorite was a basic quesadilla from Moe’s! 🙂 No hammock living in an apartment but eventually one day, I will!

9. This looks like such a fun weekend!

Great job on your goals this month! Especially the one about water. I’m really bad about carrying it with me because I only plan to go for a short run…but, sometimes it ends up being longer and I get super thirsty. It should be a goal for me, too!

10. Katie says:

Maybe you don’t want to get into it, but I was just curious what a baby blessing is 🙂 I always love looking at your pictures, J is so sweet (and maybe sometimes a stinker, but still adorable!)

• I don’t mind at all! Thanks for asking, in the Mormon religion our babies are blessed(usually at about 8weeks-12 weeks old) They’re blessed by a Priesthood holder(usually their dad) and it’s a time to give the baby a name and a blessing in front of the congregation and the Lord. If that wasn’t clear just let me know. I don’t mind expounding at all. =)

11. Even when J wants to chuck a ball at your head, he still manages to look cute haha 😉 Also, it will be such a nice time in my life when I get to go Christenings on a regular basis. So many cute kids! I’m not quite there yet in life though and thats fine by me for right now 😉 Looks like some beautiful weather you had too!

12. Oooo look at that fresh watermelon!! Summertime is officially here :).

How fun! Those gardens look absolutely beautiful!

14. Sherilyn says:

Shar, you look amazing! Love those pics. Jackson is getting so big! Love and miss u!