Fun Friday Facts

Thursday- 6 miles, 9:30 pace on the treadmill + arms and abs

I forced myself to take it easier (pace that is, every run is hard for me) and just run. I’ve been pushing myself a lot lately and had some pretty awesome workouts. Yesterday was a nice recovery run because recovery is just as important as a long run, tempo run, etc. I followed it with some good stretching(that’s me trying to touch my toes. Oops, it’s not going well.)

Fun Friday Facts

1. J has been wanting to dress himself lately. Is it more sad that this is what he chose to go to bed in or the fact that we have all these items for him to choose?

2. My FIL travels for work and learns how to make really yummy foods. This last week he had us over to try skiaki. It was so delicious.

pre-cooked prepping

precooked prepping

3. In college my girlfriends and I would go 80’s dancing. I seriously had the best college experience because of these girls. Maybe we should all get together and go dancing with our husbands, you think they’d be up for it girls?? πŸ˜‰

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

4. I love the show “Extreme Makeover: Weight loss Edition” and this weeks episode about Meredith was so inspiring. If you have the time, you should watch it. It may or may not have made me shed a tear or two. PS she’s challenged to run a marathon, so incredible! Watch it here.

What made college fun for you?

Who else loves fuzzy socks during the winter? Maybe J was cold and thought the recent 75 degree weather was a bit chilly.

Who’s racing? I’m running a 5k on Saturday with friends and my older sister, this will be her first race! So excited!!

This entry was posted in Friday Facts and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Fun Friday Facts

OMG J’s outfit hahah!! Can’t wait till Levi wants to pick out his own- I’m totally okay with the weird!

2. Good luck with your race! Sounds like you may have inspired your sister to catch the running bug πŸ˜‰

Omg…I LOVE when parents let their kids pick out clothes. It’s always the most adorable thing ever!

Good luck with your race tomorrow -relay that luck to your sistuh! She’s going to get bitten by the running bug and make you do tons more! πŸ™‚ YAY!
    Cute college pic. College was a blast, for sure the best time ever, and it was because of friends and social engagements! Though, I must say, I don’t think I can rock an 80’s look as well as you did! πŸ™‚ Good job on that run. I’m feeling your same vibes with some runs just being about slowing down and recovering. Those are the best. I have a 5K tomorrow too, let’s kill it! πŸ™‚

skiaki?? I don’t even know what that it!!
    I LOVE fuzzy socks anytime of year as long as it’s a little chilly – my feet like to be snuggled πŸ™‚

5. Katie says:

I absolutely loved college, and have some really great friends and memories. I also love J’s outfit, the tie-dye, stripe, not matching socks look is totally in! haha right?

6. Caitlyn says:

omg he’s so cute! love the outfit. i love when i see little kids out with their parents and the kids are in cute, mismatched outfits with mismatching shoes. so adorable, and i guess you gotta pick your battles! good luck with the race. fuzzy socks during the winter are one of my favorite things! so cozy.

7. That J is just so stinkin cute!!! I love it!!

Great job on the run! I’ll have to check out the Extreme Makeover Weight Loss Edition…I hardly ever watch any television (with the exception of my Friends and Golden Girls re-runs and Shark Tank) so I could get into a new one πŸ™‚

8. You have great legs! πŸ™‚ I loved college.

I wear fuzzy socks all year long at my house! My feet are always cold. College was a blast thanks to some amazing friends. Def dont know how I would’ve gotten through it without them!

10. The thing that made college the most fun for me was definitely all of the friends that I made!! I miss them all so much and honestly sometimes wish that I was back in college ;).

11. Studying marine biology definitely made college fun, but I had a lot of great friends and that made for some great experiences. I love fuzzy socks in winter because I’m always always cold!

12. College was fun for me because of the amazing friends I made. And the occasional late night trip for a burger! Good luck to your sister (and to you of course :-)) in your race!

13. aw what a cutie. one stylish kid even when he dresses himself

14. I absolutely love that show, too!
    The sadder part is that one day that’s what he’ll want to wear during the day. What to do as a mom? What to do? I always struggled with that! Too much of a control freak, I know.
    College was fun because of friends, playing basketball (though I didn’t appreciate it then) and meeting Glenn!