A day of Errands and 6 miles

Monday- 6 miles, 9min pace + arm workout

Running always feels good on Monday. After a long weekend of indulging I love to get a good workout in and start the week off right. I just ran a comfortable pace and enjoyed my music, oh and my little buddy who loves to dance to my music.

photo(598)After, I did a great arm workout from the Nike Training Club app. I’m trying really hard this week to work my arms till they are sore! So here’s to lifting weights=)

Just in case you didn’t remember, Sunday is Father’s day! I spent yesterday getting something for my dad and sending it off in the mail in hopes it gets to him by Sunday!

____________________________

We also spent time as a family yesterday evening. It was a whopping 99* during the day and 84* in the evening. There was a nice breeze while we ran some errands together as a family. We finally got J his own arm floaties so he doesn’t have to steal the Dora ones anymore;)

Somehow we also ended up with this. . .

testing it out

testing it out

Just a nice easy Monday around these parts. I hope everyone else had a great Monday!

how often do you lift weights? Where do your workouts come from?

29 Responses to A day of Errands and 6 miles

I’m so jealous of your 6 miles! I sat like a lazy bum all night long last night! Adorable picture of you two!! And a new lawn mower? Fancy! Ha! Yea, you’re smart to think ahead on Father’s Day. I just found something and it’s going to take 3 weeks to ship. Whoops. Go girl with your arms! Woo! I don’t lift weights but I find all my arm workouts on Pinterest. It’s the best place to find circuits. And PBfingers, of course! 🙂 Have a fab day!

OKay so what does J do when you are on the treadmill?? I always want to get on when Levi is up but can’t keep him from trying to climb on it!

• I have one of those gates that I set up in the room where I run. I put toys and snacks in there and turn on a show that he likes. He can’t get out of the gate because he’d be like Levi and try and get on the treadmill haha. Lately I’ve been too lazy to get the full gate out, so he’s actually been playing in his pack n play I set up. I just put toys and snacks in there for him. I hope that helps!

• Erin says:

Yes that does!! Im going to bring our pack and play downstairs and see if that works! If not im going to buy one of those big gates!! Thanks girl!

• I hope it works. Some times J just doesn’t wanna sit there so I’ll get him all the snacks and fav toys he wants lol But now that it’s part of our schedule he just knows lol

3. I’ve been taking a weight lifting class at my grad school so I’ve been doing weights/strength training twice a week. It’s definitely really hard and I am the weakest one in the class, but at least I’m doing it!

4. freudenberg4 says:

I lift weights almost everyday after my run. I do the 8 minute ab/leg/arm workouts and love these! I would totally recommend trying these out because they are quick but they are very effective!

5. I try to lift weights a couple times a week. It’s something that I really enjoy, probably because I’m always sore after. But it feels so good! If I’m not in a class I try to take moves from classes and make my own circuits. I can’t believe how hot it is there! It’s only been in the 60s here and it’s been rainy for the majority of the past week!

Nice job on the arm work…I have no patience for arm work, but I really need to. I just wish I could go to yoga more often because that totally does the trick!
    Monday was an errand running day here too…and we had 98* here in Denver- suppose to be that hot all week…not good for my runs!!

7. Does the lawnmower also blow bubbles as you move it? I had one of those as a kid, so much fun!

8. Great job on 6 miles! And we almost bought Rylnn the same mower this weekend because he is so fascinated with our lawn mower, but we opted for a slip n slide instead since he’s such a water baby 🙂

9. Nice job on the run + strength! I think a lot of runners neglect strength (myself included) but it’s always important to get it in and helps prevent injuries esp as your miles get longer!

Ahh Father’s Day I need to get dad a gift!!!

10. Just starting to get some other “cross-training” in…so far I have been attending bodypump classes – LUV.THAT.CLASS (even though I can’t walk afterwards)

11. ribbonrunner says:

I LOVE the Nike Training Club. Have you tried Paula Radcliffe’s marathon prep workout? I love that one. I’ve been doing mostly at home workouts since the baby. I do have a gym membership and I love spin and body pump classes. J looks adorable with the mower!