Friday- 3.5 miles with running group
Saturday- 7 mile solo run, 8:49 pace
After a week of easier runs, Saturday felt so good and actually pretty easy. I had negative splits(except the end of mile 4 beginning of mile 5 where I stopped to take a pic and re-tie both my shoes) and even a sub 8 min 7th mile! Recovery definitely pays off.
Let’s back up to why I have the coolest friends. On Friday my friend Kim(we ran the Thanksgiving Point half together) offered to trim my hair for free. I’m not sure if it was because she was totally disgusted with my year old split ends, or if she knew I was cheap. Either way, my hair feels fabulous and I definitely owe her!
That night we headed to a nearby pool to swim as a family. It was kind of chilly, but a lot of fun. The hubs signed up for his first race ever, a sprint triathlon!! I can’t even begin to tell you how proud I am of him. He did several laps trying out his goggles and we all had fun together.
Saturday morning I ran 7 miles, and Josh went on a 13 mile bike ride. That’s the longest he’s ever done and he felt great, I can’t wait to see what he can accomplish during his training.
I headed to my neighbor’s baby shower at Kneaders(the yummiest bakery/cafe). It was a lot of fun talking babies and eating delicious food. Then I headed to my college roommate’s shower. Her’s was themed, “Ready To Pop” and they had popcorn and really cute decorations. I had a lot of fun catching up with my girlfriends=)
Saturday night we went to Thai with Josh’s cousin and his family. We always have fun with them and I’ve been craving Thai forever. Win, win.
Last Week Goals
1. 8-15 min ab/arm workouts 4x- I did 3 workouts, and didn’t have time Saturday morning, darn.
2. Run easy and with friends- check. It was so fun and I definitely want to incorporate those runs more regularly.
3. Spring clean our closets of clothes-check. I still need to get a new bin to organize J’s clothes, but I’ve bagged all our old clothes and plan on dropping them off at Goodwill this week.
1. Get a tempo/speed run in.
2. Stretch/foam roll after every workout
3. Maintain my ab/arm workouts
Tell me about your weekend workouts
How are you beating the heat to get your workouts in?