Saturday- Dynamic stretching, 8 min abs, and a great all over workout from this girl.
I could only make it through 2 rounds of her workout she outlined in her post. It was killer, I’ll def be doing it again!
I got this tank top from the Nike Outlet for only $10! I loved how loose it is and you can’t beat the price. I’ve also been wearing the PRO Compression sleeves. I have a pair of the marathon socks too. I like the socks, but I LOVE the sleeves. I love that I can wear them under clothes easier and with sandals. The socks sometimes made me feel claustrophobic but the sleeves are great! I think I need them in yellow too…I’m a bit obsessed.
Saturday we caught up on chores like our yard work(someone mowed our grass while we were gone, I have the best neighbors!), grocery shopping, and sleep. It was really nice to be back home. I also enjoyed one of my favorite breakfast, cereal and fresh fruit.
That night we went to a local baseball game with my SIL Whitney and her family. It was so much fun to catch up with her, she didn’t make it to FL because she has a 3 month old. The cousins were happy to see each other too=)
I mentioned about a week ago I had some knee pain. After I experienced that, I went to girls camp for a week and didn’t run at all. When I got back I started running again and the pain came back. Then I went to FL this past week and only ran once and walked a lot the rest of the week. My pain came back and didn’t just happen when I was running. It throbs all day now.
I knew it was more serious when it started to hurt all of the time. I did some research online(I know, I know it’s not super reliable) but a couple of articles sounded exactly like what I was experiencing. . . IT band injury. I’m really upset, but what did I expect when I wasn’t doing much of anything but running for the last 2 years?
So, what does this mean?
- I’m not running until I’m healed
- more weight training
- incorporating lower body workouts
- core workouts
- compression sleeves
- massaging and foam rolling
I’m going to find a good sports medicine Dr and see if I can get an appointment just to make sure that’s what the injury is. I’m sad I have to take a break from running, but I know if I’m smart my body will heal, the body is a remarkable thing. When I get to run again, I now know what to do to not get injured again!
Last Week Goals
1. Eat cleaner- I ate as well as I could while away, tried a lot of tasty salads.
2. Run at least 4x this week- I ran once. . . injury =(
3. Less TV watching, more reading books- I didn’t watch much TV at all, but I didn’t read at all, unless reading the signs at Disney World counts ha
1. Do an ab workout everyday(trying to make it a habit for life)
2. No running, find other cardio options
3. Eat less processed food/smaller portion sizes(I’m used to eating a lot/whatever I want when I run everyday)
What are your goals this week?
Any advice for me? Anyone else experiencing an injury?