Extended birthday and Tarzan

Before we begin on my rambles, it was brought to my attention by some of my sisters(they’re the ones that keep me in check) that this picture looked like my underwear around my ankles. Just to clarify, that is in fact my resistance band. Sorry, this ain’t that kinda blog;)

20130908-074329.jpg

Yesterday was a rest day so I spent the morning running errands and seeing some of my great friends. Unfortunately, J was tired from the late night party he had with Grandma the night before, so our play date was cut short. He loves Grandma’s and didn’t want to go home even though it was 10:30pm!

Grandma watched J while Josh, my SIL’s, and I went to the Tarzan musical Monday night to see his cousin perform. It was such an awesome production! She is an amazing aerialist and totally blew us away (she was a monkey and butterfly). If you’re in UT go see Tarzan at the Hale theater, I believe they extended the showing dates till the end of this month.

20130910-081553.jpg 20130910-081542.jpg

Earlier on Monday my friend Kim took me to lunch for my birthday(it is in fact an entire week long). I know the place looks familiar because I also requested Zuppas to Katie on Friday when she took me out. I know, I have amazing friends=) Kim and I ran a half together this year and she’s a mom to 4 beautiful kids. She’s amazing and I love her.

20130910-081634.jpg

mango berry salad

mango berry salad

We also hit up Sweet Tooth Fairy again. If you remember, that’s where J chipped his tooth a couple weeks ago. Well, while I was busy chatting with Kim, J decided to sneak behind the counter and steal the biggest gum ball right off a cupcake! He’s sneaky, fast, and a quick eater. He had bright red gum ball dripping down his face(that’s what gave him away)  I’m not sure we’ll be going back for awhile. (the lady was super cool and didn’t make me pay for it)

before he found the open cases of cupcakes

before he found the open cases of cupcakes

Even though J likes to act like a tough guy, at the end of the day he always wants snuggles from mom=)

20130910-145122.jpg

Did you ever steal something from the store when you were younger?

Ever take a picture not realizing it looks like something totally different?

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Extended birthday and Tarzan

1. that first picture is hilarious, I seriously had to question it at first. haha

Haha that does look like panties at your ankles!! And that mango salad..YUM.YUM

3. Meghan @ fitnesscrEATures says:

Well, I realized it was a band after reading your post, haha, but initially, it totally looked like undies. Who knows, some people post it all these days, right?
    Yay for seeing that show! I bet it was amazing. I love going to productions like that because as a talent-less fool, I am amazed at how wonderfully talented others are. 🙂 Haha, J loves his mama snuggles! So cute!

4. LOL forever I totally knew what that was but I can see how someone would think that!!

Hahaha I thought it was a resistance band but now it totally looks like underwear! Too funny 🙂

6. ribbonrunner says:

Laughing my head off about the undies!! I didn’t even think of that when I saw it, but now I do. Thank goodness for sisters that tell you how it is. I love mine for that same reason. I have a feeling my little guy will be a gum ball stealer just like J haha. So did you sign up for the Halloween half?

hahaha- I actually thought that too when i first saw the picture! I definitely abide by the “birthday week rule- the longer the better!

8. That salad looks super yummy. Happy bday week 🙂

9. jeksca says:

That is hilarious! I saw the picture before and didn’t think anything of it. But now that it was brought up I can understand why someone would think it was underwear. Too funny!

10. Elizabeth says:

thanks for the NOT peek at your panties, it was a great introduction to your blog. 🙂 haha!
    When I was 7 or 8, I took a peanut (in it’s shell) out of the basket at the grocery store and was sucking on it…….about an hour later (we were almost home) I realized that I stole it. Holy Crap! I felt so horrible!