Speed work and Corn Belly’s for the win

Thursday- 4 mile speed work on treadmill + core workout

Here’s what my speed workout looked like:

1 mile warmup-10:30avg pace(5.7mph)

2 laps or 800m- 8:45avg pace(7.0mph)

2 laps or 800m cool down at 10:30avg pace(5.7 mph)

repeat 2 more times with the speed increasing by .2 each time

It was a hard workout for me. I haven’t done any speed work since before my injury about 3 months ago. This is how I felt after. . .

20131003-140951.jpgSo sweaty!!

After my shower I went to put on some deoderant, don’t you hate the day when your deoderant decides to break into a billion pieces in your armpit? No warning at all=(

20131003-140937.jpgOn a happier note, my friend Katie sent me a text saying that the app Plant Nanny (as you put in your oz of water, your baby plant grows haha)was free just for that day! I installed it immediately. She knows from my weekly goals I’m always trying to drink more water. This app is fun and really helpful because it sends me reminders to drink. I put in my weight and activity level and it told me how much I should be drinking. It’s awesome!

20131003-141105.jpgWe ran some errands(oil change and car wash) then J took a nap. After he asked to go see his friends Andie and Elsie. I do what he asks so no one gets hurt;)

20131003-194928.jpg

Then Josh picked us up to go to Corn Belly’s. It’s a fun Halloween-like carnival. It was all fun and games until the temperature dropped and the wind started up. I’m such a wimp in the cold so we left for our warm home.

20131003-191224.jpg 20131003-191243.jpg 20131003-191311.jpgJackson needs some more winter clothes and I need a winter jacket and boots. If you know of any stores having great sales let me know. If not, I guess I’ll just have to go to Target=)

How long are your recovery jogs in between sprints?

Do you like the cold? My husband hardly ever gets cold and never has to wear gloves!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Speed work and Corn Belly’s for the win

I’m always cold but I prefer it to being hot so it’s ok with me. My recovery jogs are usually supper slow…then during the last few recovery laps when I’m tired I start to speed up bc in my head that means the run will be over sooner ๐Ÿ˜‰

2. I consider myself highly “temperature sensative” lol if it’s not 72 degrees, then I am either sweating or freezing. Boyfriend is always warm and doesn’t even like coats in the winter. The corn belly festival sounds like so much fun, wish we had one if those!

3. Meghan @ fitnesscrEATures says:

YES I hate when deodorant does that WTH!?! So evil.
    Good job running! HAH love the towel cover up! That app sounds awesome, I wish I would have gotten it too! Drinking water always falls to my back burner and I hate that because it’s SO important!! J is adorable on all those blow up things! I like the cold a lot, but I have to be well prepared. If I’m not, you can forget about it.
    Have a fabulous weekend!

4. Katie says:

Yay! Glad you are liking the app! Heather said she got a snow pants/winter coat set at Costco for Milla for only $30. You might check there – or we should have a Target shopping date. ๐Ÿ˜‰

5. I can’t deal with the cold. I am a WIMP. I get cold in the AC…always wear a sweater indoors, etc. I hate it! luckily, it’s still really warm here. My recovery jogs in between are usually not that long. They’re probably shorter than the actual sprint itself…if not the same length as the sprint. And I run them slow!

6. My favorite workouts are sprints with short recovery in between! Speedwork is great on the treadmill too. Love bursts of intensity like that. I even incorporate those kinds of speedy intervals in my spin classes – I get a lot of death stares but it’s fun.

Corn Belly’s looks awesome! I’m sure J had a good time!

7. kpanzl says:

I love that app! I’m going to look into it. I really need to drink more water too! Oh and by the way I had suave deoderant that did that too. Must be the brand ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

8. freudenberg4 says:

I hate the cold! Hate hate hate!! But for running I enjoy cooler temps :). Great speed work!

I like the cold (especially for running) but I don’t like the freezing…like when you can’t feel your fingers and toes!

10. Great job on your speed work! I always have a hard time making myself do speed work because it is my least favorite, but I know it is so good for improving your speed! I absolutely hate the cold! I guess it’s a good thing I am from Texas. ๐Ÿ™‚ Oh and I hate when my deodorant breaks! Such a bummer!