Fries Can Cure Any Bad Day

Wednesday- 3 miles on treadmill + arm workout

I had planned on running outside since Josh was home, but we woke up to a blizzard(Isn’t this a cool pic? It was taken at sunset, after the storm).

20140108-204322.jpg

I stayed nice and cozy and just pretended this was pavement. I was almost convinced…almost.

20140108-204334.jpg

In between each mile I did this set of exercises. Since I wasn’t planning on running on the treadmill I knew I needed a workout to keep me busy. This did the trick.

20140108-204919.jpg

Unfortunately, J was up all night Tuesday night coughing and wheezing.He woke up happy though, I just love that sleepy smile.

photo IMG_0650_zps3a825642.jpg

I knew it sounded like croup so I took him in as soon as the Dr. had an opening. My suspicions were right and he had to get a steroid shot.

before the shot

before the shot

The weirdest thing happened when the nurse went to give him the shot. The needle went in, but the fluid spilled out everywhere. He had to have a second shot=( J was so sad and kept saying, “Ow, ow, my leg!” The nurse gave him 5 prizes and felt so bad.

I got him fries(and grapes, apple sauce, and a granola bar), there ain’t nothin’ McDonald fries can’t fix;)

photo IMG_0651_zps46ba4d7a.jpg

photo IMG_0652_zps661fd2e7.jpg

The rest of the night was really chill. Josh had basketball, and we were all pretty tired from the night before(J slept in our bed).Β  I’m hoping tomorrow J will feel much better!

what’s your go to comfort food?

what song are you loving?

I need to add some more songs to my workout mix, I see many more treadmill runs in my future.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to Fries Can Cure Any Bad Day

1. ugh I have been craving sweet potato fries more than anything lately – makes things a lot better

2. Abi@AbsofSteel says:

anything with carbs and cheese and anything chocolate. I love the sad to happy picture progression with those fries, so cute!

3. Poor boy having to get the shot twice! I love how the expression on his face goes from super sad to happy after eating the fries! I love ice cream for a comfort food! πŸ™‚

Love fries. And tater tots. I might need to make this happen tonight. There goes my healthy eating plan lol

fries can make anything better – totally agree! hope J starts feeling better soon!

6. oh sad! Poor little guy! Agreed fries do a lot of good in my book! Hope you got some sleep!! And you’re lucky you have a treadmill in your house. I’m afraid to brave the storm to get to my gym.

7. beil4 says:

I hope J feels better! Poor guy! Shots are not fun and not when you have to get them twice!
    I have to agree though those fries I am sure helped him! πŸ™‚
    I am loving Gone, Gone, Gone by Phillip Phillip (anything by them really!)

8. Rachel says:

Sending healing thoughts to J! My niece has croup right now too. Poor little babies! It’s so hard when you can’t help them feel better! I bet those fries helped a lot though. πŸ˜€

9. Aww I love his sleepy smile! I hope he feels better!!

10. We are in the same boat with the crazy weather! Glad to see McDonald’s made the tears go away haha!

11. I love how sad he looks in the first fry picture and then is so much happier in the second πŸ™‚ I hope he feels better soon! I’m loving All songs 1 Direction haha and Timber by Pitbull/Ke$ha

12. Mmmm fries can make any day better!

13. Poor J, I hope he’s feeling better! And you’re sure right…Fries=Happiness πŸ™‚

14. I hope J feels better soon!! My go-to comfort food (when I’m not feeling great) is mac & cheese! It can be homemade, boxed, or whatever. Just give me some noodles with a creamy cheesy sauce and I’ll be a happy camper!

15. Dr. Pepper is my comfort food, bad I know!

16. Heather says:

So sad that Jackson is not feeling very well, hoping he gets better soon.