Life Transitions

Wednesday- 2 miles on treadmill + 30 min bicep/tricep workout

I took it nice and easy on the mill and then did a killer bicep and tricep workout. I’m taking your advice and remembering my main goal this winter, build muscle.

Yesterday we got to visit our friend who recently moved. J loves playing with all his buddies. Seriously, aren’t they so cute?

photo IMG_0990_zps93079737.jpg

Eli was too busy for a group pic so I snapped this one. He kills me!

photo IMG_0988_zps184e3bbe.jpg

Nothing too exciting other than a fun play date. I did more cleaning and moving prep. J saw me vacuuming our couch and I found him in his room helping.

photo IMG_0980_zpsf656820a.jpg

So, he got a cupcake. No need for hands=)

photo IMG_0974_zps5a36cc26.jpg

Transition

Everyone goes through transitions in life whether you’ve just graduated high school, you just got a promotion, or maybe you just started a new diet. Personally, I don’t mind change. . . as long as it’s good change.

I feel like I’m going through a transition in my life.Β  Last year at this time I was running more miles than I ever have and loving it. I ran 2 halfs, a 10k, and a couple 5k’s. I was happy with where I was in life. I’m still happy, but I feel like I’m in a different place. I feel stagnant and have an urge for change. I love these moments to explore what’s next in life but it also makes me feel really vulnerable. I know the lack of motivation to run is because I’m not quite sure where my life is going to take me. This has been heavy on my mind, but I look forward to these growths in my life and as soon as I find out what my new direction is, you know I’ll share=)

PS thanks for always listening to my ramblings and commenting and emailing. You guys are the best!

have you had many transitions in life?

how do you eat a cupcake?

where is your life taking you right now?

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Life Transitions

I eat a cupcake by break off the bottom half and placing it on top of the icing, making a sandwich. It’s the only way to eat a cupcake! I totally get the stagnant feeling, that was me for most of last year. Then I threw myself into running and got a new job and honestly feel 98% satisfied (I am a firm believer that people are never 100% satisified). Hang in there, everyone goes through these stages!

2. absgoldberg says:

omg, that is how everyone should eat cupcakes. face first πŸ™‚ transitions are one of the scariest and most exciting times, I think I’ve been going through a extended one for the past year or so πŸ˜‰

3. transitions are always a tough time but you will learn that transitions always bring a whole new level of understanding of yourself. ps. your little boy sure knows how to eat a cupcake like a boss haha

4. Caitlyn says:

omg J and his little crew are adorable. and that is the best way to eat a cupcake. girl i feel you. i feel really stagnant right now. everyone around me is doing great things and getting promoted or engaged and moving forward somehow, and i just feel stuck looking around at everyone saying “i’m so happy for you!! but why aren’t i moving forward also?” hang in there!!

5. I try and save as much of the icing as possible for the end

6. I understand the “change is coming” feeling. I hope you aren’t getting down on yourself about the difference in your running. I think change is good. It helps us grow, and J needs a happy healthy momma to be with him, so do what you need to do! πŸ™‚

7. Meghan @ fitnesscrEATures says:

I haven’t really had my running mojo like I had last year either… It could me a multitude of reasons, but I’m rolling with it and just taking it as it comes. Excited to hear about your changes! πŸ™‚ And hey, keep on rocking those arm workouts! I tried doing push ups last night and it was epic failure.

8. Oh man. I thought I had just settled out of a transition and I might be heading right back into one. I’ll tell you all about it the next time we get together πŸ™‚ But I’m the same way, where I don’t like to feel stagnant, so some change is welcome!

9. Rachel says:

I am in the middle of a huge transition myself. This year I decided to go back to school to get my teaching credential. I could have stayed happy as an aide in the classroom I was in for the rest of my life, but I took the big scary step to becoming a teacher as I have always wanted to do. This is terrifying because it means I have no idea where my life will be next year at this time. Will I have a job? Will I still live in my home town? These are scary thoughts, but times of transition are fun as well. Hold on and appreciate the moments! You are fantastic!

10. I get this post so much! 2 years ago I was going through a huge transition, I was getting married, graduating college and training for my first full marathon. After all of this I felt so lost. I was’t planning a wedding, I wasn’t studying for class and I wasn’t putting in as many hours for running. It was tough, but I worked through it and now I am loving the place i’m in!
    Right now I am working towards getting into grad school and supporting my husband in law school and it is really great!

11. Oh I’m feeling you on the transitional phase. I will talk a little bit about more about it on my blog but I’m currently going through a huge change. A little bit of change in our lives is always good. Keeps things interesting. πŸ˜‰

I like J’s method! haha- I tend to just eat the top of the cupcake…perfect frosting to cake ratio!

13. Love the sweet faces on those kiddos! Dealing with transitions can be really tough, especially if you are comfortable with where you are/were before the transition. Sometimes it’s nice to have something to focus on, like running, or another hobby, to keep as the constant during your transition. Good luck finding what’s going to help you feel less stagnant, whatever that is. πŸ™‚

14. Transitions can be the toughest but in my experience they usually lead to great excitement πŸ™‚ good luck with your upcoming decisions. I would say trust your instincts! They’ve always proved correct for me πŸ˜‰