Monday – 6 miles on treadmill
I woke up yesterday and wanted to do a longer run because I may not have time Saturday morning. I wasn’t feeling it on my treadmill so I knew I had to do something…here’s what I did and it worked.
1. Get your favorite workout outfit on that makes you feel awesome. Mine happens to be pretty ugly, but it’s the most comfortable and I was at home, so who cares ha
2. Have water and anything else you need to survive on the treadmill. In my case I need music and a towel because I get really hot inside.
2.5. Use said towel to cover the treadmill so you don’t stare and count down each step=)
3. Music. Make a great playlist. Some of the songs that helped me to have the best treadmill run were(don’t judge me)
- Turned down for what-DJ Snake & lil Jon
- John Doe-B.o.B and Priscilla(the chorus gets me every time)
- Not a bad thing-JT
- Red lights-Tiesto
I ended up having the best run. Like goosebumps and some serious runners high. It also may have been because I ran another 5k in 25 minutes, my app wasn’t wrong after all. Here’s what it looked like:
2 miles warm up at 10 min miles(6mph)
3 miles tempo, 2 @ 8:34(7mph), 1 @ 8:00(7.5mph) = 5k in 25 min!
1 mile cool down at
It was hard, don’t get me wrong, but I felt good. Now I just need to hold that pace for 13.1 miles=)
The rest of the day was a blur…just kidding, I’m not that dramatic, well maybe. Anyways, we ran errands, my sis Bree came over before she leaves me to go on vacation and I made a green smoothie for us. (Bree ran on the treadmill too, she is kicking booty getting back into shape after having her baby). I got the recipe from my sweet friend Karina, it was delicious!
J has been asking us to go to the movie theater for awhile, and there was a buy one get one movie ticket so we went to Rio 2. Ha, I just love seeing this boy so excited.
We had the movie theater practically to ourselves, it was awesome!
had any runs that give you goosebumps lately?
what was the last movie you saw?