Tuesday- 3 slow recovery miles on treadmill + shoulder ripper NTC workout
On my run outside last week it started getting really hot. Utah often skips over Spring and goes straight to summer(luckily this year we’re getting a bit of spring). Most of the time I try and get up early so that I can beat some of the heat, but if you can’t, it’s better to be prepared.
Tips for running in the Sun
1. Wear shirts that are breathable. I usually wait for Nike to have a sale on the Dri-fit T’s because I love the fabric and how breathable they are. When I first started running I wore nothing but cotton t-shirts and got so overheated! Treat yourself, and buy a couple nice T’s or tanks that allow your body to breathe.
My favorite Nike shirt for summer(smoothie not included, but is a great cool down;))
2. Bring water with you, run on a trail with a water fountain, or place water bottles along your route. Whatever works for you, but stay hydrated! I use the Nathan Hydration if I’m not on the trail with a water fountain. It’s around $30 on Amazon and holds 2, 10oz water bottles, fuel, and my key.
one of the trails has this awesome water fountain;)
3. Wear sunscreen. I know that sounds like the worst thing ever when you’re about to go sweat, but getting burned is worse, I assure you. I have the most sensitive skin and I’m rather pale ha I use this sunscreen on my face and I don’t break out.
I use this one for the rest of my body and works great!
4. Wear a hat, vizor, or sunglasses. Protect your eyes, you’ll have a more enjoyable run if you can see.
J playing with his cousin yesterday…they forgot their sunglasses;)
5. Light-weight socks. I’m super picky with my socks because if my feet get over heated at all, that’s all I can think about the whole time I run. I buy my socks in a 6 pack from Costco for $18. Super affordable and very breathable.
what are your tips for running in the Sun?
what’s your favorite summer staple?