Tuesday- 7 miles, mile repeats on treadmill
Yesterday’s workout definitely made up for Monday’s failed attempt.
2 miles w/u
3x 1 mile @ 8:34 pace(7mph)
.5 mile cool down in between each mile
1 mile cool down
I was definitely tired at the end and was really red faced. I can tell a lot about how hard a run was or how much effort I put forth but how red my face is. This picture is before my run to show my new Nike dri-fit tee I got from Easter, love it!
The rest of the week is supposed to be kind of crummy weather, so J and I headed to the duck pond to feed some ducks. We invited my friend Vanessa along too. The kids had fun chasing after the poor ducks ha
Tips to Eating Healthy w/o starving yourself
A lot of people ask me what I eat on a regular basis or what some of my favorite healthy snacks are. I wanted to share with you what I eat on a typical day. I don’t usually like posting a lot about this because I think everyone is different and you’ve gotta find what works for you and your body. Again, this is a typical day, I do have splurge or off days(weeks) ha but this is what I try and stick to on a regular basis.
I do not believe in restricting any food category. I think it’s important to have a well-balanced diet that you can maintain as a lifestyle.
For breakfast I try and eat a protein with a fruit. Eggs and oranges was yesterday, but you can have Geek yogurt with fruit, boiled eggs with strawberries, oatmeal with bananas, banana and peanut butter on whole wheat toast are a few options. I try and stay clear of cereal since it doesn’t really fill me up(I do love cereal so I’ll eat it as snack after dinner sometimes=))
2-3 hours after breakfast I’ll have a snack. Yesterday was a spinach, yogurt, orange, banana smoothie because I knew I was going to want something cool and refreshing after my run. Often it’s a Lara bar with a water bottle because I’m rushing to get out the door and get our errands done before nap time. Other options: string cheese and pretzels, yogurt, or an apple with peanut butter.
Lunch is often leftovers 3 hours from having my snack. I hate wasting money, so I tend to eat a lot of leftovers. If we don’t have any, I’ll have a turkey sandwich with avocados(they make everything better). Having a plan for lunch is best for me, if I don’t I just snack on junk. Have a plan!
Leftover enchiladas with fresh tomatoes and honey dew
I’ll eat another snack around 3pm. Ever tried these? They are soo good.
Dinner is at 5:30 and I try and make healthy dinners and I always have a salad and/or fruit as an optional side. I try and have large portions of those and a smaller main course. Last night was fish fillet burgers, sweet potato fries, and honey dew.
I always have a sweet treat after dinner and then I close the kitchen after 8pm. I don’t always abide by that rule, but Josh and I both feel better if we stop eating at about 8pm.
Times above handful by 3=)
Obviously some days are better than others, but I try really hard to live by the 80/20 rule where I eat really good 80% of the time and whatever I want the other 20% of the time. I think it’s important to be true to yourself about how much or often you eat certain foods. Try writing down what you eat in a journal for a week to see really what you’re putting into your body.
Another tip that I didn’t mention, drink water with every meal. I’m not awesome at this, but I do drink water throughout the day and with every meal. I rarely have juice and can’t remember the last time I had soda.
If you have any questions feel free to comment or email under my ‘contact’ page.
what are some healthy tips you live by?