Saturday- 10 miles outside with Heather
We ran our last long run before our race this Saturday. I’m so excited to run the Drop 13 downhill race. I’m so glad we trained for the downhill, and I’m hoping for a shiny new PR. I’m not gonna lie, I’m a bit nervous since I’ve been slacking on my week day runs the last week in a half. But I’m ready to have a good taper week, and enjoy Saturday!
Our last 3 miles we really picked it up and ran 8 min miles. It felt good to be strong at the end of a 10 miler. So glad Heather and I have been able to run so much together and have similar goals.
At the turn around point
I forgot to buy any proper fuel, so Turbo fruit snacks ftw(for the win)!
1. J finally got to pick out his Captain America shield he’s been wanting. Once he decided he wanted to potty train, I told him if he filled his chart and went #2 on the potty he could have a ‘big prize.’ He ended up doing it, and so we picked up the shield. It was one very happy boy.
From my Instagram
2. Okay, so not much of a highlight as it was a low light but still worthy to share. We were out and about Saturday with my in laws helping Josh’s grandparents move some of their big furniture(they’re moving) and needed to stop for lunch. The only thing close and fast was Taco Bell, so of course I wanted to go all out and try the Cool Ranch Dorito taco. Well guys, it was a big disappointment. It was pretty nasty. I guess I shouldn’t be that surprised, but the concept sounded pretty darn good. Do yourself a favor and don’t eat at Taco Bell haha
3. Going out to Sushi with friends(of course I was a wimp and ordered a Bento Box because sushi terrifies me). It was fun nonetheless. Our boys played and ate snacks together and I got to love on Kandis’s newest baby boy.
4. J fell asleep in the car and snuggled with me for like 2 min. That never happens, so it was def a highlight.
5. My cousin Mckae got married! I wasn’t able to be there, but I did get to take some of her bridals for her. I’m so glad some of them turned out since I’m not a professional by any means.
6. I inherited a few furniture items from Josh’s grandparents since they’re downsizing, and also from my MIL this weekend. I have some fun ideas planned for them and can’t wait. Here’s the entry table before I add my touch to it. Can’t wait to show you the finished projects.
7. Finding these selfies J took while we were driving=)
8. Going to the pool with my mom and nieces and nephew.
Have a happy Monday!!
what are your weekend highlights?
have you tried the Dorito taco?