monday- 3 miles on TM +stretching
Monday really snuck up on me yesterday. One minute I was having a great time celebrating my Birthday and bam then the next minute I was waking up early to ‘run’ on the treadmill. I call it a ‘run’ because I think it was more like a sluggish half awake attempt haha My body was making me pay for all the good food I ate over the weekend.
one of my fav stretches
I took some time after to stretch and just breathe. Although the workout wasn’t an awesome one I’m still glad it happened and helped me jump back on the wagon for the week. Not to mention it helped me get up and get going on a busy Monday. J and I were out the door by 8:30am to get our grocery shopping done so we’d be back in time for our friends to come visit. Vanessa stopped by and we had fun catching up and taking cute pics of this guy.
I also got to meet up with Katie who took me out to lunch for my Birthday. She treats me too good. I tried to take pics with this cute girl, but she was having none of it, I mean none of it haha
Speaking of the season, holidays are fast approaching and I can not wait! I love the holidays and they are 110% better when you get to see them through a child’s eye. I know a lot of people worry about the holidays and weight gain. I used to worry about it a lot too before I realized that life is so a lot more fulfilling when you don’t have to worry about every little thing. Here are my tips to enjoying the holiday season(yes the whole thing).
5 Tips to Staying on Track During the Holidays
1. Put in the work NOW! Get up and get your workout in first thing in the morning and make it a habit, NOW. Don’t wait till after the holidays or during, make it a lifestyle and start today.
2. Enjoy each holiday for that day. It can be hard because all the goodies, treats, and parties start in October and go until January but don’t over indulge for all of those months. I eat healthy, workout, and drink water most days so that I can enjoy each holiday. I eat what I want, however much I want on Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years, but not on all the days in between.
Me and Heather running last winter
3. Every year during the winter I set a new fitness goal for myself. Two years ago I did the Pile on the Miles challenge over at RER, last year I focused on strength training, and this year I’m trying Pure Barre. I love running, but during the winter when there’s no races I love to try something new to keep me excited. So, do some research and look into something new that will keep you on track and wanting to get up when it’s easy to sleep in.
4. Buy appropriate workout gear for the winter. If you still want to workout outside, it’s a lot more enjoyable when you can stay warm. Last year I found some great gear during sales at Nike and TJ Maxx. I love having warm enough clothes so that I don’t have any excuse to not get out and be active with my family. J goes crazy inside, so I bundle him up too and go for walks.
5. Be careful with all the treats and goodies at your house. If you’re like me, then you’ll eat it if it’s at your house. I love getting all the sweet treats and goodies from family and friends but I usually don’t let it linger in at my house. My family will try it and enjoy it, then I’ll bring it to parties to be eaten up or I simply throw it out.
The cookie dough truffles I made last year, enjoy it then give it away;)
Let me know what tips you would add to the list, enjoy your Tuesday!!