Oh Jackson, where do I start? This year has been a HUGE year of growth for you physically, mentally and emotionally. You are my bubba, my helper, my sidekick, and my sweetheart.
I can’t write this without getting a lump in my throat because I love you so much. I’m so grateful for the bond we have, you make me laugh without even saying a word. I think we communicate mostly with our eyebrows haha.
At 5 years old J loves:
- Star Wars( you and dad watched all of them together)
- Riding his scooter
- Creating things(crafting). You have made Pokemon cards, ghost buster jackets complete with name tags, yokai watches, and lots and lots of pictures.
- Food! You’re always snacking and trying to get sweets like your mama. You love slurpies like your dad
- Stuffed animals
- BYU hat
- Playing video games with dad
- Helping with lily in anyway
- Playing with friends/cousins
- Bed time
- Running errands, with mom…dad can make any errand sound fun
- Big dogs
- Houses with alarm systems. We accidentally set my sisters off, ever since he gets so freaked when he sees an alarm box
Things I want to remember about J at 5 years old is definitely what a tender heart he has. He wants so badly to do good and to please others. His prayers are so reverent and well thought out. He constantly asks questions and is so curious about the world. He LOVES his sisters and talks about the baby daily. I’ve caught him with Lily’s new doll several times just rocking her, or singing to her! He says he can’t wait to hold the new baby.
I snuck this pic of him rocking Lily’s new doll
We couldn’t have asked for a better big brother to protect our girls. J is our buddy and we can’t wait to celebrate your birthday!
We love you!